CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why I Love My Mom



I had all intentions to post this before Mother's Day, but I've been slacking on my blogging so I guess it's better late than never. This year, my parents came up to spend Mother's Day weekend with us. It was special having them go to our church and then brunch afterwards. Until I became a mom, I probably never fully appreciated all that my mom did for me. Now, I'm fully aware of the many sacrifices she made for me and my brother's and the unconditional love she has for us.

I decided to make a list of 10 Reasons Why I Love My Mom:

1. She taught me the meaning of unconditional love, selflessness, and patience.

2. She loves spending time with her grandchildren.

3. She believed in me and always had high hopes for my future. She told me I could be anything I wanted to be.

4. She had breakfast waiting for us at the table every morning. She knew this was my favorite meal so I really treasured her thoughtfulness.

5. She came to ALL of my sporting events and concerts. I can't remember a time or game that she wasn't there being my #1 fan. Well, maybe once in college, but only because I told her the wrong time to our game. :)

6. She always had my back. If you all know my mom, you DO NOT mess with her kids. Just ask my dad, she'll throw her shoe at you. :)

7. She would take me on shopping trips to Atlanta where we'd shop til' we dropped, and then we'd catch a movie and eat popcorn for dinner. :)

8. She took care of all of my needs

9. She's happily married to my dad.

10. She was a gift from God and had me and my brothers in church every Sunday. She was a huge part of my salvation and that is what I'm most thankful for!!

I love you mom!!

My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon

0 comments:

Post a Comment